Monday, January 16, 2012

"Daisycup"


I've decided I like daisies. They make me happy!

I haven't posted anything for a while, because this has been a transitional process for me. Changing the whole way I paint. Going from wildlife to still life, acrylic to oil, realistic(tight) to impressionist(loose). And, like any change it has been hard.

Here is an example of my past work. As much as I liked painting in this style, it just took to long. I needed to change so I could produce more work. I have really enjoyed the challenge of painting daily. So, as I progress I plan on posting more often. I just haven't felt worthy :)

3 comments:

  1. I love how you show your past and present. It would be cool to see a solo show of your work from the past, and your current style now. I like your daisies too! In fact, I was inspired to dig out some daisy photos from my garden last year to try to paint after I saw yours....haven't tried it yet though....Great job on that mug! Perfect values, highlights and elipses! Stripes are hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow the cup is fabulous, so beautifully subtle from right to left! It is hard to let go and with flowers!!! Awesome work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely painting...cool mug and I love the colors! It is a big change, but it looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis