Monday, August 27, 2012

Flip Flopping


Doesn't flip flopping mean that you just see things in a different way and you change your mind on how you feel about it. It doesn't necessarily have to have a negative connotation, unless it leads to bad results, ...right?

Well, after a totally unproductive summer of not painting I have decided to attend another workshop to re-energize my creative juices. I still have the desire to loosen up my photo realistic style. I battle at painting a subject with the least amount of brush strokes. I end up getting frustrated and then change my mind and paint what's "easier" for me, something with the most amount of brush strokes. Then, I change my mind again and go back to trying my hand at painting more expressionistic. Does it end with bad results? That is still out for deliberation. Just call me a flip flopper.

So, the workshop I am attending is traveling around Southern Utah with Doug Braithwaite painting Plein Air. "A nine-day “tour” through central and southern Utah starting in the great little mining town of Helper, Utah and moving on down to Southern Utah, taking in several National Parks along the way, including Capitol Reef National Park, the Grand Staircase Escalante, Red Canyon and Bryce Canyon National Park.  Staying in the quaint little towns of Torrey, Boulder, Escalante and ending in the breathtaking Bryce Canyon".

http://dougbraithwaite.blogspot.com/

http://www.dougbraithwaite.com/www.dougbraithwaite.com/tour_la_plein_air.html

Sounds great huh! Well, I am really excited, scared, and have fear of failure anxiety. My wife has me pull up the couch and psycho analyses me. "It's just your childhood fear of not wanting to look like a fool". She may be right. She is a great women, smart, and has my best interest at heart and wants me to succeed at my lifelong addiction to painting. She tells me if I walk away and have learned just one thing it is beneficial. I just love her.

So, off I go at the end of September on a great adventure to try and improve my skill! Weather I do or not...well, that too is still out for deliberation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis